Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A small translation of feelings




I can't even describe how incredibly lucky I feel. The last few days I have just woke up and thought, "Wow! Am I really here?" I love my Heavenly Father so much and I know that He loves me. I feel so lucky that He would reach into my life and turn me around. 


I've heard people ask, "Who is she? Where did she come from?" Well this is it. The gospel. It is the ONLY thing that makes me different. My Heavenly Father has great plans for me. The trials that I have faced are not for nothing. I know that through the power of the Atonement I can be healed, I can find peace, I can forgive and be forgiven. Christ not only died for the sins that we commit, but the sins that have been committed against us. I can be/am forgiven, therefore I too must forgive. Christ knows everything that we go through, turn to Him. Let Him ease your burdens. 


Sister Ann Dibb pointed out in her October 2009 general conference talk that, "It is important to note, however, that in the scriptures there are very few stories of individuals who lived in blissful happiness and experienced no opposition. We learn and grow by overcoming challenges with faith, persistence, and personal righteousness. I’ve been strengthened by President Thomas S. Monson’s endless confidence in our Heavenly Father and in us. He has said: “Remember that you are entitled to our [Heavenly] Father’s blessings in this work. He did not call you to your privileged post to walk alone, without guidance, trusting to luck. On the contrary, He knows your skill, He realizes your devotion, and He will convert your supposed inadequacies to recognized strengths. He has promised: ‘I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up’ ” (“Sugar Beets and the Worth of a Soul, Liahona, July 2009, 3–4; Ensign, July 2009, 5–6)." 
http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1117-25,00.html read the whole talk, it is AMAZING!) 
And always remember, good things take time, sometimes His time is different than ours but as long as you are doing the right things blessings will be poured down on you. Now the question is, are you grateful for the blessings you are receiving now? Are you recognizing those blessings?

1 comment:

  1. Alexis, thank you so much for this post. It was exactly what I needed. I am so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for being such an amazing woman and example in my life.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God,receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day." D&C 50:24

Followers