Thursday, November 11, 2010

~A Silver lining~


Sometimes when I'm walking to class I look at the people around me. When I do, I usually see people who look energized, people who look worn out, people who look like they possibly haven't bathed in a while, people who look like they've had hard lives, people who look like they've had easy lives. But I know that it is important not to look at the appearance. It really is like that saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover."


When people look at me, what do they see at first glance? I'm pretty sure that those around me see me and think I'm one of those people who has had an easy life. In many ways that is possibly true. I do tend to overlook some of the harder things in my life as a way to make things easier for myself. But if you acknowledge the bad at every second of your life and let it rule you, you soon become that person.

I was talking with a friend a few days ago about how people look at us and see these amazing people. They think that we have no idea what the harder things are in life, when in reality that is not the case at all. I may not have had the hardest life, but it most certainly was not easy. I have been faced with many hard decisions in my life and have had some pretty crazy experiences. I have been given responsibilities at a young age that no child should be given. There are a lot of things that I have kept from those around me, even family. Why? Because sometimes they aren't the most important things in life. Every day we need to look for the silver lining in the cloud before us, because if we do then the sun might just surprise us and come out from behind the cloud to shower us in warmth. I could never be the kind of person who lives a life of hate. I live for the silver lining and the sporadic moments of warmth.

1 comment:

  1. I am lying here in bed as sleep eludes me browsing facebook onn my phone and I stumbled on your blog. Alexis you are amazing! Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. Also I wholeheartedly agree with this post. You seem to put the thoughts in my mind into such beautiful true heartspoken words. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God,receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day." D&C 50:24

Followers